Effective Date: 1 March 2021
Your data is yours.
We know that you care about your personal data and how it is used, and we want you to trust that Fab Group NZ uses your personal data carefully. This Privacy Notice will help you understand what personal data we collect, why we collect it and what we do with it.
As you read our Notice, please keep in mind that it applies to Fab NZ Ltd as defined below.
Please take a moment to familiarise yourself with our privacy practices and let us know if you have any questions by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org
We have tried to keep this Notice as simple as possible, but if you’re not familiar with terms, such as cookies, IP addresses, and browsers, then please read about these key terms first.
Who is collecting my data?
Any personal data provided to or collected by Murad in New Zealand is controlled by Fab NZ Ltd (as the authorised distributor of Murad in New Zealand), and any company directly or indirectly owned and/or controlled by Fab NZ Ltd and its related companies that you are interacting with or have a business relationship with (hereinafter referred to as “Fab NZ Ltd” (the data controller(s)).
This Privacy Notice also applies to Fab NZ Ltd’s marketing content, including offers and advertisements for Fab NZ Ltd products and services, which we (or a service provider acting on our behalf) send to you on third-party websites, platforms and applications based on your site usage information. These third-party websites generally have their own Privacy Notice and Terms and Conditions. We encourage you to read them before using those websites.
What data is being collected?
We are collecting Personal data. Personal data means any information that can be used to identify directly or indirectly a specific individual.
We may collect personal data from a variety of sources. This includes:
- Personal data you give us directly,
- Personal data we collect automatically, and
- Personal data we collect from other sources.
You may be asked to provide your personal data when you are in contact with us. The above-mentioned joint data controllers may share this personal data with each other and use it in a manner consistent with this Privacy Notice. We may also combine it with other information to improve our products, services, content, and advertising.
How are you collecting my personal data?
We may collect personal data from a variety of sources. This includes:
- Data collected directly. We collect data about how you use our services and products, such as:
- Register for an account
- Purchase products or services through our Platform
- Sign up to receive promotional communications
- Join a loyalty, rewards or similar program or club
- Participate in one of our promotional sweepstakes, contests, surveys, or focus groups
- Use the Ratings & Reviews or related services and features
- Submit a request to our Consumer Service team
- Interact with Fab Ltd NZ social media pages
- Apply for a job through our Platform
- Data collected automatically. We also receive and store certain types of personal data whenever you interact with us online such as:
- Visit and navigate our Platform on any device
- Enable location-based features on our Platform.
- Click on sponsored links or third-party advertisements
- Purchases or uses of our services on our websites or relevant third-party platform;
- URLs that refer visitors to our websites;
- Search terms used to reach our websites;
- Details about the emails we send, such as opens, clicks, and unsubscribes;
- Details about the devices that are used to access our websites (such as IP address, browser information, device information, and operating system information);
- Details about your interaction with our websites (such as the date, time, length of stay, and specific pages accessed during your visits to our websites, referral activity, and which emails you may have opened);
- Usage information (such as the number and frequency of visitors to our websites).
- We may associate this information with your account if you have one, the device you use to connect to our Services, or email or social media accounts that you use to engage with Fab NZ Ltd.
- Data collected from other sources. We collect personal data from other sources including our trusted partnerships with third-parties and where we operate Fab NZ Ltd accounts on third-party platforms. This includes but is not limited to:
- Our business partners, including online advertising networks, analytics vendors, and companies that co-sponsor our promotions.
- Social media sites, including Facebook, Twitter, YouTube, Pinterest, Snapchat and Instagram. The information we receive from these social media sites is dependent upon the social media site’s policies and your settings on that site.
- Third party sites, including those that allow you to integrate your third-party account with your Fab NZ Ltd account.
- Companies that provide personal information to supplement what we already know about you, including data aggregators. Certain third parties might link your name or email address to other information they have collected. That might include past purchases made offline or online. It might also include online usage information.
How do we use your data?
We collect, process and disclose your personal data only for specific and limited purposes. For example, to process your payments, to assess and handle any complaints, to develop and improve our products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites, to provide personalised products, communications and targeted advertising as well as product recommendations to you.
We also create profiles by analysing the information about your online surfing, searching and buying behaviour and your interactions with our brand communications by building segments (creating groups that have certain common characteristics) and by placing your personal data in one or more segments.
Additionally, Fab NZ Ltd processes your personal data also using automated means. An automated decision is a decision which is made solely by automatic means, where no humans are involved in the decision-making process related to your personal data.
We collect, process and disclose your personal data for the following purposes:
- To process your payments, if you purchase our products, to provide you with your order status, deal with your enquiries and requests, and assess and handle any complaints;
- To process and answer your inquiriesor to contact you to answer your questions and/or requests;
- To develop and improveour products, services, communication methods and the functionality of our websites;
- For the purposes of competitionsor promotions that you have entered;
- To communicate informationto you and to manage your registration and/or subscription to our newsletter or other communications;
- To manage our everyday business needsregarding your participation in our contests, sweepstakes or promotional activities or request;
- To authenticate the identityof individuals contacting us by telephone, electronic means or otherwise;
- For internal trainingand quality assurance purposes;
- To understand and assess the interests, wants, and changing needsof consumers, to improve our website, our current products and services, and/or developing new products and services; and
- To provide personalisedproducts, communications and targeted advertising as well as product recommendations to you from Fab NZ Ltd brands on Fab NZ Ltd sites, and via third-party websites
Where appropriate, we will ask for your consent to process the personal data. Where you have given consent for processing activities, you have the right to withdraw your consent at any time.
Online Advertising & Third-Party Data
Advertising and Analytics Services Provided by Others
We may also work with third parties to serve ads to you as part of a customized campaign on third-party platforms (such as Facebook or Google). As part of these ad campaigns, we or third-party platforms may convert information about you, such as your email address, into a unique value that can be matched with a user account on these platforms to allow us to learn about your interests and to serve you advertising that is customized to your interests. Note that the third-party platforms may offer you choices about whether you see these types of customized ads.
- To recognise your computer or device and greet you each time you visit our websites, without bothering you with a request to register or log-in
- To keep track of products or services you view, so that we can send you, directly or through third parties, news about those products or services or other similar or related products or services from across the Group that we think you may be interested in
- To measure traffic patterns, to determine which areas of our websites have been visited, and to measure transaction patterns in the aggregate
- To research our users’ habits so that we can improve our products and services
- To operate our websites efficiently with a high level of functionality
- To measure the effectiveness of our marketing initiatives
- To learn about your preferences so that we can present you with web content and advertising that is relevant to you
- To measure the number of advertising referrals we have received to our websites from other websites
- To produce data on web traffic and customer web activity through our website or apps
Who will my data be shared with?
As a business, Fab NZ Ltd shares your personal data internally and with selected third-parties in the following circumstances:
- Third-party service providers. In order to carry out our services we share your personal data with third-party service providers that perform functions on our behalf, such as companies that:
- host or operate Fab NZ Ltd’s websites
- process payments
- analyse data,
- provide customer service, postal or delivery services,
- and sponsors or other third-parties that participate in or administer our promotions
They have access to personal data needed to perform their functions but may not use it for other purposes. They must process this personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice and as permitted by applicable data protection laws and regulations.
- Other third-parties. Your personal data will also be used by us or shared with our sponsors, advertisers, advertising networks, advertising servers, social media networks, and analytics companies or other third-parties in connection with marketing, promotional, data enrichment and other offers, as well as product information.
- Business transfers. Your personal data will be used by us or shared with the joint data controllers for internal reasons, primarily for business and operational purposes. As we continue to develop our business, we may sell or purchase assets, subsidiaries or business units. In such transactions, your personal data generally is one of the transferred business assets but remains subject to the promises made in any pre-existing Privacy Notice (unless, of course, you consent otherwise). If another entity acquires us, our businesses or substantially all or part of our assets, or assets related to Fab NZ Ltd’s website, your personal data will be disclosed to such entity as part of the due diligence process and will be transferred to such entity as one of the transferred assets.
- Legal disclosure. We may transfer and disclose your personal data to third-parties:
- To comply with a legal obligation;
- When we believe in good faith that an applicable law requires it;
- At the request of governmental authorities conducting an investigation;
- To detect and protect against fraud, or any technical or security vulnerabilities;
- To respond to an emergency; or otherwise
- To protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third-parties, visitors to Fab NZ Ltd’s website, Fab NZ Ltd or the public.
How do we protect your personal data?
Fab NZ Ltd takes the security of your personal data very seriously. We take every effort to protect your personal data from misuse, interference, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
Our measures include implementing appropriate access controls, investing in the latest Information Security Capabilities to protect the IT environments we leverage, and ensuring we encrypt, pseudonymise and anonymise) personal data wherever possible.
Access to your personal data is only permitted among our employees and agents on a need-to-know basis and subject to strict contractual confidentiality obligations when processed by third-parties.
What are your rights?
Where we store and process your personal data, you have a number of rights over how the data is stored and processed and can exercise these rights at any point. You can find these on the Privacy Commissioner’s website. You can exercise your rights by sending an email to email@example.com.
Your request will be processed in accordance with the Privacy Act.
If you make an access request, we will ask you to verify your identity. There may be instances where we cannot grant you access to the personal information we hold. For example, we may need to refuse access if granting access would interfere with the privacy of others, or if it would result in a breach of confidentiality. If that happens, in most circumstances we will give you written reasons for any refusal.
We may charge a reasonable fee for making your personal information available to you or providing you with copies of it.
If you believe that personal information, we hold about you is incorrect, incomplete or inaccurate, then you may ask us to amend it. We will consider if the information requires amendment and will not charge for making any amendments. If we do not agree that there are grounds for amendment, then we will add a note to the personal information stating that you disagree with it. Registered users of our websites can access and update their user details online. We request that you keep your information as current as possible so that we may continue to improve our service to you.
Further information and advice about your rights can be obtained from the New Zealand Privacy Act 1993.
How do you contact Fab NZ Ltd?
The general point of contact for you for any data privacy queries you may have is firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have any questions or concerns about Fab NZ Ltd’s Privacy Notice or data processing or if you would like to make a complaint about a possible breach of local privacy laws, please do so by sending an email to email@example.com.
How do we keep this notice up to date?
We will update this Privacy Notice when necessary to reflect customer feedback and changes in our products and services. When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of this Notice. If the changes are significant, we will provide a more prominent notice (including, for certain services, email notification of Privacy Notice changes). We will also keep prior versions of this Privacy Notice in an archive for your review.
Additional Privacy Terms or Notices
In addition to this Privacy Notice, there may be specific campaigns or promotions which will be governed by additional privacy terms or notices. We encourage you to read these additional terms or notices before participating in any such campaigns or promotions as you will be required to comply with them if you participate. Any additional privacy terms or notices will be made prominently available to you.